This page updated on December 8, 2020
SUMMARY LIST OF ASSIGNMENTS WITH DUE DATES
This list is not currently complete. I need to update it. There are a few things missing from recent weeks, but I will update it shortly so it will be available to review.
- Draft 2 of the Phase 3 Research Essay – with cover letter: Monday, November 16 at 2:00 P.M.
- First FULL draft of “The Self-Assessment Essay” – Wednesday, November 18 at 11:59 P.M.
- 3 rhetorical précis for 3 sources. 2+ pages of synthesis. DUE: November 5.
- First full draft of your Rhetorical Analysis Essay. DUE: October 15.
- 2+ pages of analysis for the Rhetorical Analysis Essay. DUE: October 13.
- Rhetorical Analysis Worksheet: Complete & submit via email to me a “Rhetorical Analysis Worksheet” for the course text you intend to analyze for your essay. DUE: October 8.
- Summary: 1-page summary of the course text you’ll analyze for your Phase 2 essay. DUE October 6.
- Charting Assignment: Complete a “Charting” worksheet for Tan, Jordan, Saleem, Lysicott (or other “text” we’ve worked with this semester). DUE October 1.
- WLLN Draft 3 & COVER LETTER: Due: MONDAY, September 28th by 11:59PM
- 2 Peer-Review Worksheets: The peers you were to review were assigned and sent via email. Due: Friday, September 25th by 11:59PM.
- Revise & Submit your WLLN (draft 2) based on peer feedback. September 22.
- Peer-Review: “WLLN Draft” Forum. Respond to ONE other person of your choice that was not in your original group. NOTE: You will then have two required responses (the person to whom you were first giving feedback, and then the new response). September 18
- Spoken Language and Literacy Narrative (SLLN) – ON HOLD
- Write and submit via email a FIRST full draft of your Written L&L Narrative: September 15th
- Safwat Saleem “Rhetorical Situation Worksheet”: September 10
- Snapshot of 1 meaningful moment in your language &/or literacy experiences: September 10
- June Jordan Rhetorical Situation Worksheet: September 8
- Language and Literacy Narrative Brainstorm Worksheet: September 6
- Student Questionnaire: September 3
- Amy Tan Rhetorical Situation Worksheet: September 3
- Amy Tan One-Page Response: September 3
Please be sure that you have submitted all the assignments listed above. If you are getting behind, please reach out to me so we can discuss. All these assignments are in Phase 1, so please see that page for relevant details.
- December 8, 2020 | Topics: Course and Teacher Survey | Final Due Dates | Student Portfolio Notes and Details | A Reminder to you…
- November 24, 2020 | Topic: Website: Student Digital Portfolio
- NO CLASS week of November 16th: STUDENT CONFERENCES
- November 12, 2020 | Topics: Overview of the rest of the semester | Draft 2 of the Phase 3 Research Essay | Digital Portfolios | Conferences | Phase 4 Preview
- November 10, 2020 | Topics: Workshop first drafts of the Research Essay | Citation Practices
- October 29, 2020 | Topics: Free write on STANCE | Synthesis | Synthesis Worksheet | Tone and Language choices & Stance
- October 27, 2020 | Topics: Writing Introductions | The Rhetorical Précis (handout) | Audience Analysis
- October 22, 2020 | Topics: DISCUSSIONS: Share research brainstorm/topics | Finding Sources in the library |Evaluating sources (PDF )
- October 15, 2020 | Topics: DISCUSSIONS: The drafting process & thesis statements; Getting Started with Online Digital Portfolios
- October 13, 2020 | Topics: Workshop Rhetorical Analysis Essay Notes/Draft; Thesis workshop
- October 8, 2020 | Topics: Guided Analysis Workshop; Audience analysis; Analyze Model Essay
- October 6, 2020 | Topics: Workshop summaries; Rhetorical Analysis (handout); “Rhetorical Analysis Worksheet”
- October 1, 2020 | Topics: Beginning of Phase 2; Phase 1 discussion; Phase 2 Assignment Prompt; Summaries; Digital Portfolio